Travel Clinic Services
Travel Clinic Services
The world is a small place. We’ll help you travel safely with our range of Travel Clinic Services.
We provide an extensive range of travel vaccinations for you when travelling to worldwide destinations. Our centre is just three minutes from Waterloo Station.
We are competitively priced and you can see our full price list here. We do not charge for consultations. We accept major credit cards only for payment.
Arranging your Visit
The process is straightforward:
Complete Travel Questionnaire
If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel, please complete our online travel form via accuRx.
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible - at least 8 weeks before you travel - as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
Our travel nurse will then assess your form within 7 working days.
- If there are available appointments before you travel a member of our reception team will be in contact to book you a travel consultation.
- If there are no travel appointments available before you travel you will be informed by our team.
- Please note we require you to submit your travel form 4-6 weeks before travelling.
- If you are travelling at short notice it is extremely unlikely we will be able to offer you an appointment at Waterloo Health Centre.
London Travel Clinic (call 0208 261 7551) can offer same day appointments if leaving at short notice.
Contact the surgery after 48 hours
Patient's are advised to contact the surgery after 48 hours of initial form submission to find out if any vaccinations are required - at which point they can book an appointment to have these done.
- NHS Lambeth CCG no longer supports the routine prescribing of malaria prevention medicines on the NHS locally, for travel abroad. This will bring prescribing in the borough in line with national guidance.
- You can visit a private travel health clinic to get these malaria prevention medicines. Some community pharmacies also provide private travel health services.
- You do not need a prescription for malaria prevention medicines.
- It is important to consider the cost of malaria prevention medicines when budgeting for your trip abroad as there will be a charge for the medicines.
- Always buy malaria prevention medicines from a reputable source in the UK before travel so that you can be sure that they are not fake or poor quality.
- You can find out if malaria prevention medicines are necessary or recommended for where you are travelling to by visiting: Travel Health Pro
Information on how to stay safe and healthy abroad
Fitfortravel is a free public access website providing up to date health information for the UK public on avoiding illness and staying healthy when travelling abroad.
Travelling in Europe
Your rights & EU rules
If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.
As an EU national, you enjoy the right of free movement. This means you’re entitled to travel, work and live in another EU country. If you’re a citizen of a Schengen country – which is most EU countries – you’re also free to travel to other Schengen countries without the need for border checks.
As an EU national, you can also benefit from EU-wide passenger rights for travel into, out of or within the EU by air, rail, bus/coach or ship. You can travel with pets and other animals in the EU provided you comply with the rules (pet passports). There are EU limits on taking alcohol, tobacco or cash with you to another EU country. Each EU country can set its own limits or restrictions, so check before you go.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.